I finally got time to go on with the new Tech Head Brothers publishing tool!
This time I wanted to go on with source code and I reached a quite good status.
The usage scenario is as following:
- In Visual Studio the author select source code that he wants to publish on his article
- The author switch to Word 2007 an click on Source Code button and the code is automatically inserted
As you can see on the following pictures!
Behind the scene:
- I get the code from the clipboard,
- Build up a XML document with one tag representing the source code in html and inline css and another of pure text
- Insert a CustomXML part into the Word 2007 document
- Insert a PlainTextContentControl into the document with read only rights
- Uses XML mapping to display the text tag into the PlainTextContentControl
Great! I look forward to see the projection of the source code to HTML and preview it into the browser!
So the next steps will be:
Projection of hyperlink Projection of picture
- Projection of numbered list and
- Fixing bugs found by Sébastien and Rédo
Picture caption Giving the possibility to insert source code
- Projection of the source code
- Adding the possibility to the author to post the article directly from Word to Tech Head Brothers web site using secured web services made out of WCF
- Adding all validation of the content
Je dois lui poser la question (à Laurent) cela aura des impacts sur le moteur de recherche ?